Sterling Hills West Metropolitan District
Sterling Hills West Metropolitan District, was organized pursuant to Title 32 of the Colorado Revised Statutes. The District is located within the City of Aurora Colorado. In accordance with the District’s Service Plan which was approved by the City of Aurora in 1999, the Districts owns and maintains (i) three public parks within the District’s boundaries, (ii) the grass strips (parkways) on both sides of Sterling Hills Parkway between South Tower Road and East Wesley Drive, (iii) the parkway along the south side of East Wesley Drive from a point near the intersection of East Iliff Avenue to near the intersection with South Fundy Way and (iii) the parkway on the north side of East Villanova Place from Sterling Hills Parkway to south Ensenada Way. The District also owns and operates a storm-water detention pond located to the south of Sterling Hills Parkway and between East Water Place and South Tower Road. The District has a license but not an obligation to landscape parts of the XCEL property located along South Tower Road and adjacent to the District’s boundaries. To support its approved activities, the District levies property taxes on the approximately 1,500 residences located within the District’s boundaries.
SHWMD Meeting Notice and Agenda
Public Health Announcement
State of Colorado - Third Amended Public Health Order: COVID-19 Restrictions
- Facial Coverings
- Revised face covering requirements to start at age 12.
- Facial covering required for certain individuals, age 12 and older, in the following settings:
- Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated students, staff, and visitors to preschool through grade 12 schools (including extracurricular activities) and childcare centers and services, including camps, except while participating in outdoor activities;
- Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated staff of Colorado DMV offices;
- Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated residents, staff, and visitors to prisons and jails;
- Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated patients, visitors, and personnel in emergency medical and other healthcare settings (including hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, urgent care centers, clinics, doctors’ offices, and non-urgent care medical structures).
- Exceptions to required facial coverings:
- Individuals 11 years of age or younger,
- Individuals who cannot medically tolerate a face covering, and
- Individuals participating in one of the following activities:
- Individuals who are hearing impaired or otherwise disabled or who are communicating with someone who is hearing impaired or otherwise disabled and where the ability to see the mouth is essential to communication;
- Individuals who enter a business or receive services and are asked to temporarily remove a face covering for identification purposes;
- Individuals who are actively engaged in a public safety role, such as law enforcement officers, firefighters, or emergency medical personnel; or
- individuals who are officiating or participating in a life rite or religious service where the temporary removal of a face covering is necessary to complete or participate in the life rite or religious service.
May 13, 2021 Sterling Hills West Metropolitan District Regular Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a REGULAR MEETING of the Board of Directors of the STERLING HILLS WEST METROPOLITAN DISTRICT in Arapahoe County, Colorado has been scheduled for Thursday, August 12, 2021 beginning at the hour of 6:30 PM online via ZOOM:
By computer at https://bit.ly/3nSaIZY or By phone at 669-900-68633
[Meeting ID 944-4877-8597 / Passcode 882794]
For the purpose of addressing those matters in the Agenda set forth below and conducting such other business as may properly come before the Board.
Board of Directors: Office Term/Expiration
Juliet Uhlott President May 2023
Mike Lenz Treasurer May 2022
Alberteen Ransom Secretary May 2023
CJ Matthews Assistant Secretary May 2022
Christine Hatter Assistant Secretary May 2023
- Call to Order/Declaration of Quorum
- Consider Approval or Changes to the Agenda
- Directors Matters
- Conflicts of Interest
- Public Comment for Matters Not on Agenda
- Detention Pond Review – Wright Water Engineers
- Consider Approval of Minutes for May 13, 2021 Regular Meeting
- Financial Matters
- Financial Report
- Ratification/Payment of Claims
- Manager’s Report
- Detention Pond Status
- Playground Mulch Replenishment
- Park Lights Repair
- Landscaping Status
- Legal Matters
- 2021 Legislation
- Other Business
NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING WILL BE HELD ON November 11, 2021 AT 6:30 P.M.
On ZOOM at
Meeting ID: 983-7237-8796 and Passcode: 889386 || By phone at 669-900-6433
SHWMD Board Meetings
2020 Board Meetings:
The Board of Directors will hold regular meetings as follows. All meetings will start at 6:30 PM on Zoom
Regular Meetings in 2021 will be held on:
- March 11, 2021
- May 13, 2021
- August 12, 2021
- November 11, 2021
Special Meetings may be scheduled as needed with notices posted on this web site
Meetings are Open to the Public
Notices for all meetings will be posted on this website and with the City of Aurora.
In addition, a few days before each meeting , a meeting notice Sign board will be placed along Sterling Hills Parkway between South Tower Road and East Water Drive.